Visa Procedures

Visa fees are not included in the tour price unless otherwise indicated. Snowtraxx International is not responsible for any visa or passport requirements and it remains your responsibility to ensure that you have the correct documentation to travel. Please remember that travel requirements may change at short notice. The following information is provided as a guide only and we assume no liability for its validity, accuracy, or completeness.

Please contact us for more information.

British nationals travelling on a British Citizen passport

Since 1 January 2021, travel requirements for British citizens travelling to the Schengen Area (this includes Italy, Austria, and Switzerland) have changed.

In order for you to be allowed to board the aircraft/ferry, your passport must have been issued no more than 10 years prior to departure and must be valid for a further three months after the date you intend to return home. No other document (such as a visa) is required.

Please note that this applies to “British Citizen” passport holders only; other types of British nationality (for example, “British Overseas Territory Citizen” or “British Subject”) may have different requirements. Please contact the embassy or consulate of the destination country for up-to-date advice.

You can find more information at the following links: and

EU/EEA/Swiss nationals including Irish citizens

If you are the citizen of a member state of the European Union (including the Republic of Ireland), of the European Economic Area, or of Switzerland, you only need a valid passport or national identity card to travel to the Schengen Area, including Austria, Switzerland, and Italy.

Visa nationals

If you are the citizen of a country whose nationals require a visa to enter the Schengen Area, you will need to apply for a Schengen visa. You can find a list of visa nationalities here: Please note that this list is subject to change. We encourage you to seek advice from the embassy or consulate of your destination country for the most up-to-date information.

You must apply for a Schengen visa at the embassy or consulate of the country in which you will stay the longest. If you split your stay equally across multiple countries, you must apply from the consulate of the first country you will visit.

How to apply for a Schengen Visa

Important: Please note that this information serves as a guide only and that requirements may differ depending on the consulate and/or change at short notice. We encourage you to seek up-to-date information from the respective consular office or embassy. Snowtraxx International assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information below.

  1. Appointment Booking

You need to book an appointment at the visa application centre where you will submit your application and complete your biometric information. The consulate or embassy will have more specific information on how to book an appointment.

  1. Payment

Once your appointment has been scheduled, you will receive a provisional appointment confirmation via e-mail which includes the payment information. As soon as you have sent the proof of payment, your appointment will be confirmed.

  1. Prepare your application

You will be sent a confirmation email which includes your application form and further information regarding the documents which need to be submitted. Snowtraxx International will provide the school with proof of accommodation and flight reservations and, if applicable, travel insurance. Please contact the school or party leader for more information.

  1. Submit your application

To complete the application process, you will be required to visit your selected visa application centre. To ensure your application is processed as smoothly as possible it is recommended that you arrive on time for the appointment.

  1. Track your application

After submission of your application you will be able to track the progress by following the link given to you during the process.

  1. Return of your passport and visa

Once a decision has been made with regards to your Schengen visa application you will receive an email and/or a text message to inform you when your visa and passport will be ready for collection. Follow the instructions regarding collection (you may be asked for a receipt). At some locations, you may also select a courier service option for the return of your documents, or you may nominate a person to collect them on your behalf.

When collecting or receiving your passport and visa, you must check that it:

  • contains your correct personal details
  • correctly states the purpose for which you want to travel
  • is valid for the date when you want to travel

Please visit the website of the consulate where you need to apply for up-to-date, accurate, and country-specific information.

Find out if you need a visa or eTA 

Canadian citizens (including dual citizens) need their valid Canadian passport to enter Canada. Citizens of the United States of America will only need their valid US passport to enter Canada for short periods for tourism purposes.

Most nationals of all other countries, including most British nationals travelling on a “British Citizen” passport, may need a visa or eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) to visit Canada for short periods for tourism.

In order to find out whether you need a visa or eTA, you can complete the quiz from the Canadian government’s website at the following link:

The link will provide the most accurate information according to your personal circumstances and explain how to apply for an eTA or a visa.

Applying for an eTA if you are a British Citizen

Most British citizens only need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to visit Canada for short periods. An eTA costs C$7 and is linked electronically to your passport. It is valid for multiple journeys to Canada over a period of five years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. To apply, you will need your passport, a valid email address, and a debit or credit card.

To avoid any delays, we strongly encourage you to apply for an eTA as soon as possible and by using the official website of the Canadian government. Other non-official websites may not be secure. You can find more information and complete your application at the following link:

How to apply for a USA Visa

1. Determine the type of Visa required to travel to the United States. Information about Visa types can be found at 

2. Complete the online visa application form, DS-160. The DS-160 is a U.S. Government on-line form and can only be completed at Each applicant must complete this form before using any services on this website.

3. Go to the USA visa page and complete the following application steps to schedule a Consular Section appointment:

  • Create a user account
  • Enter the DS-160 confirmation number for each applicant applying for a Visa
  • Complete the courier document return process
  • Pay the Nonimmigrant Visa (MRV) application fee(s)
  • Schedule a Consular Section appointment

4. Attend the Consular Section appointment.

5. After Consular Section interview, check the website for visa status and delivery information.